Thursday, March 5, 2009

Publishing Excitement

Well, this is extremely exciting. I started a thread over at boardgamegeek several months ago. Well, Seth from Mayday Games here in Utah, replied with an "we're interested in publishing Mormon themed games"!!! I had no idea that there could be someone out there, not "affiliated" with church, who would be interested in publishing Mormon themed games. It's very exciting. Needless to say, I emailed him right away and am "patiently" awaiting his reply. I can't wait to see what happens! I guess it just goes to show that you never really know what you'll find until you actually start sharing your ideas and insights. People really are very open to that and willing to share back.

I also was contacted by Shapeways today. It's seems the sail on my ship model was a bit (actually a ton) too skinny. So, it's probably going to delay the shipment, but I was able to tweak the model and it's good to go now. The great thing is that I order my pieces during their sale and they are still honoring that even though I've made changes and the sale is over! Great customer service there. I get that feeling from reading through their forums about problems that people have had and how good the people at Shapeways are to help them with everything. It's great to know that there are still people like that in this world. Anyway, I can't wait to get those pieces delivered! It's going to be a whole lot of fun.

The other pieces I ordered with the ships for Hagoth were Titles of Liberty for Peril in the Promised Land. Here's another screenshot:

I was attempting to make it look like the Title was raised on top of a tower. I can't wait to see these when they get here either. I've been looking into how to print the board pieces of Peril in the Promised Land and found BluePanther. I've been corresponding with Steve there about printing hex shaped board pieces. It looks quite promising and not at all as expensive as I had first thought. Self-publishing may be in reach for more of my games than I had thought as well.

Now to figure out how I would sell them online. And how to market them myself.

2 comments:

Lediesa said...
March 6, 2009 at 6:33 PM

This is cool. However, do you know where to find rules for Mormon games. We have Missionary Impossible, I haven't played since my mission and I don't have the rules anymore.

Mike said...
May 29, 2009 at 10:34 AM

The best place to go for rules is www.boardgamegeek.com. People often add files and whatnot to each game entry. Anyway, search for the game on that site. It's no guarantee but you never know.

Mormon Game Design on Facebook