Monday, March 2, 2009

Hagoth Update

11:28 AM by Mike ·
Labels: , ,
Well, there's been quite the lull here on my blog. But this doesn't mean that I'm not doing anything. I'm getting serious about Hagoth and seeking to self-publish. So I've been heavy into finding ways to produce the cards and components.

Shapeways
I got hooked up on Shapeways as a beta tester like a year ago. But I hadn't been doing anything with it for quite sometime. Then I got a nice newsletter in my inbox the other day. That was a great reminder of what is available that I'd forgotten about. Shapeways allows you to create an account, upload 3D models, and have them printed and shipped to your home! So I ordered some 3D ships that I modeled in Blender. Here's a quick screenshot.


So I should have the ships in a week or so. Then I'll paint them. And I'll have some pretty sweet 3D components for the game.

New Design
I've also started to change the look of the cards. I want the ship pieces cards to look more like an actual plan or written design for the ships. In hopes that I can accomplish this the ship pieces cards now look like this:

I'm pushing my artistic talents to the extreme. But it's a lot of fun. Hopefully it will look good in the end, good enough to publish to the world!!

0 comments:

Mormon Game Design on Facebook