Download the conversation here.
I had a list of questions that we discussed. We didn't really read them out loud or anything, so here they are.
- What made you first decide to design a game?
- Was the idea Book of Mormon Battles from the beginning or did it sort of evolve to that as you worked on it?
- How did the design process go? I mean, did you get some paper, cut it up, and mark them for cards, or how did it go?
- When did Covenant Communications enter the picture? Did you contact them as you were working on the idea or more after you had it all worked out?
- How did the whole relationship work with Covenant?
- What was your process for the artwork (there are a lot of images in both games)?
- What made you decide to go the second game Warriors of the Promised Land?
- Was the process with that game pretty much the same as with the first?
- Do you know the print run size for either game?
- Do you know how successful the games have been (how many have sold)?
- What did you learn from your experience that you would like to share with other "would-be LDS/Mormon game designers?"
Hopefully this will be of benefit to someone besides me, but if not, I enjoyed it and found it enlightening.